ADVERTISEMENT

Give your prediction of Out Of Conference-OOC games since this is indictive of the 2021 record.

BigCatKC2

Mar 30, 2004
2021 Out Of Conference - OOC Schedule
Bowling Green
Pitt
Tennessee Tech
South Alabama

As we've learned, no game should be taken for granted, but does anyone believe BG, TnTech or S.Ala has a real shot of beating a decently coached TENNESSEE squad? I don't.

That leaves Pitt, a game which we need to be healthy and playing at our best, not decent, to comfortably win, IMO.

Taking a closer look into Pitt, here's what I've found. Pitt is coached by seventh year coach Pat Narduzzi who was previous Def.Coord for 8 seasons at Mich St.

Pitt's 2020 record was 6-5 (Home 4-2) (Away 2-3) .
Pitt beat:
Austin Peay +55
Syracuse + 11
Louisville +3
FSU +24
VT +33
GT +14

and

Lost to:
NC St by 1pt
BC by 1pt in OT
Miami by 12
ND by 42
Clemson by 35

So, Pitt could've easily finished with 8 wins with (2) 1pt loses OR only 5 wins with the 3pt win over Louisville.....depending on how you look at it.

Pitt is returning their starting QB, RS Senior Kenny Pickett(3-Star) and a new Kicker(which could be Huge). They return most of their Offense and majority of their Defense.

Pitt's 2021 early Schedule
Pitt opens with UMASS Sep 4, one wk prior to traveling to Knoxville to play TENNESSEE. Pitt plays W.Michigan the week following our game, so no reason to overlook the VOLS.

RIVALS Recruiting Ranking: 2020 #44, 2019 #49, 2018 #36, 2017 #38

Conclusion: Pitt has several lower ranked players or underrated players. Pitt will be a tough contest considering it's TENNESSEE second game under Heupel, so we better make improvement from game 1 to game 2. Also, Neyland must BRING THE NOISE, creating a hostile environment for Pitt.

PREDICTION: It's most likely a Pick 'em game, but I'm a True Homer and gotta pick my VOLS. So, I'm calling for a 4-0 OOC schedule.

GO VOLS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News