ADVERTISEMENT

Logically, Zach Gentry should pay attention to McCarron falling in draft

DAC09

Oct 30, 2004
If you want to win a championship it's not a bad place to go to, but why not be the "reason" a program changes and get label that way. If I'm a QB I'd have enough hard evidence that Alabama is not the place I want to go if I dream of being a Top 10 pick. I'm not sure what else McCarron could have done. It's not his fault that you don't have a lot of evidence of how he reacts under pressure or if he didn't get the chance to learn how to react to it. Without that evidence and some undeniable stand out skill set, teams aren't going to be quick to invest in you. I think most teams, as much as analyst say they don't want a guy that leaves the pocket, are showing a tendency want the guys that can. RGIII, Andrew Luck, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Christian Ponder were all picked in the 1st round. Even Tebow's mobility was taken in the 1st round! You're seeing guys like Zach Mettenberger, McCarron, Ryan Mallett, and even the perceived mobility limited Nick Foles fall. I feel a little bad saying this, but I hope Bama ruins David Cornwell, so he doesn't break their string of immobile QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News