ADVERTISEMENT

Lot 40

ChrisPool

Jan 3, 2015
Franklin, TN
Hello, Ya'll. Has anyone ever purchased a parking pass in Lot 40. If so, worth it or not worth it? This is my first year as a season ticket holder and looking for the best parking options. Didn't know if there were any paid lots closer. Any replies or recommendations would be appreciated.

You can tailgate in lot 40. It's not a short walk to Neyland but it is a nice walk up the Strip through a sea of orange. Easy out to the interstate after the game (after you bust azz to get to your car). It's not a bad lot for what it is.

Reactions: ChrisPool
Thanks for the help. I'm told there's a shuttle goes back and forth? Or would it be faster to just walk?

I have not parked in lot 40 since UT bought that property. I parked there many times prior to UT buying it and I park sometimes at the property just past that lot. I haven't ridden that shuttle but I have seen the shuttle running. I currently park in the ag campus lot and I almost always walk instead of riding the shuttle. I have ridden the shuttle a couple of times and found it just depends on how much traffic there is as far as the time it takes to fill and run the shuttle to the stadium.

I personally prefer the walk because I enjoy the game day atmosphere of the walk to and from the stadium. However, the shuttle would probably be a little faster depending on when you catch it. Just like any of the shuttles, you're going to have to catch the first load after the game in order to be faster than walking most likely. A lot of people leave the game early to get in those shuttle lines so they can make the first run.

ADVERTISEMENT