ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt on SEC Teleconference...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
Praise for Kentucky. They know how to win. They have developed a winning culture that plays with physicaility and toughness.

We have alot we need to improve on. Offensively we have to take care of the ball, run the ball and create explosive plays.

Defensively must get off the field on third downs. Very disappointing there this year. Must be more physical and tackle better at all three levels.

q: Sunday scrimmage can any of those guys help you right now?

"it was really good work for a lot of guys. We had some guys out in fall camp with quarantine. It's something we need to continue to do to grow and develop."

Carvin and Jamir Johnson both practiced on Tuesday will be game time decision.

Do anything different if you played UGA again?

"I think UGA had a lot of what we did and didn't do. I think we had a pretty good game plan on both sides fo the ball. The bottom line is they out played us in the second half that had as much to do with them as much as it did us."

q: KY's secondary

"My first time I got to get to see a Mike Leach offense up close. Kentucky did alot of 8 man drops. Kept their eyes on the quarterback, got some tipped balls and were ball hawking in the back end."

q: more on the Sunday scrimmage...

Will continue to do it.

q: Helped Harrison Bailey the most...

"It helped all of those guys. Harrison is the only one that got all 49 snaps. He could use that everyday if we could. Just the speed of the game. Getting familiar with the offense. We will continue to try and get him as many reps as he can to continue to develop."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.