ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt on the SEC Teleconference...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
Opening:

Two really good practices this week. Fall camp mode, lots of reps for lots of guys. Two more practices this week. Good attitudes and working hard. Have to keep doing that the rest of the year.

working on Arky now...

We have taken the first two days to really focus on us more of a fall camp mode. Each day we add in a couple of periods on Arkansas and build preparations that way.

We have not played very clean football in the first five games from a fundamental standpoint. We have been able to work less experienced guys this week and hopefully that will give us an opportunity to play more guys and get more depth.

On third down calls....

A couple of times we were in four down territory and we tried to take advantage to get to a managable 4th down. there were two times we ran it for first downs.

Handling covid this weekend...

We have been very fortunate since the games have started managing things. I think we probably learned some lessons back in the summer time. We will be back practicing Sunday and Monday next week. So they are only getting Friday and Saturday off. I have confidence they will do the right things.

On filling the open DL spot...

It's something we will do when the season is over with. I like where the DL is headed right now. I felt like we improved last week. Not that it showed all the time on the film. I continue to see that group getting better. We have to continue to improve up there. We have to create negative plays up there.

On leadership...

I think our guys have done a very nice job leading. Are we playing as clean as we want or need to play? No. We have to be better fundamentally. From an attitude and want to everyday in practice I feel like we are going in a positive direction. We have made too many unforced errors.

On secondary...

It's been a mix and match back there because of COVID and injury. McCullough was cleared from COVID the day of the South Carolina. Alontae and Bryce have been beat up. We have to clean a lot of things up there. We need more playmaking back there.

On Monday's work...

Brian and Harrison took most of the snaps. Yesterday we went back to a regular fall camp practice with guys sharing reps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News