ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt on the SEC teleconference...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
Finishing up finals this week. Couple of good days of practice. There's alot of unknowns about Vanderbilt. We know they will be ready to play and they always play hard. It will be a challenge to our football team.

Biggest challenge for a defense against a hurry up offense...

It's not about what you know as a coach, it's about what your players know. When offenses play fast and there's not a lot of time to determine things. there's lots of ways to mix up tempo. You have to be able to know when to when to substitute and not substitute.

Both Harrison and JT have had two really good practices this week. You can see them both gaining confidence which is good to see.

On Shrout's improvemnt...

Extremely hard worker. He tries to soak up as much knowledge as he can. He's really stayed the course and he's improving every single day.

On Fuller...

If you look at Sarah Fuller's background. She's a competitor and a winner. My wife and I had a daughter and seeing what she's done is inspiring.

On roster management...

It's unusual times. I think allowing all the student athletes to have a year of eligibility is the right idea. It's going to affect the numbers going forward so some rules are going to have to be put into place.

I think there should be a possibility that if a guy graduates that maybe you should get another initial scholarship in their place.

On Kennedy returning...

I think he would like to pursue a professional career or get into coaching. I told him with his degrees he's way over qualified to coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.