ADVERTISEMENT

Football Pruitt post practice press notes....

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
On Tank Bigsby...

I was watching tape this morning. We recruited him out of high school. I see where he gets the name Tank. He's really physical, gets alot of yards after contact. Playing well for a young guy.

On JG....

He is back. He had a good couple of days of work. The entire offense has had good days of work. We seem to have practiced with more confidence on that side of the ball. I'm looking forward to see those guys play this weekend.

On TE's...

It's a position where we have lost some guys. Losing Austin Pope and Riley Locklear were big. We need to get Jacob Warren and Princeton Fant more involved in the throw game. Those guys are improving every week.

On young RB's...

Jabari has done a really nice job all season. His yards after contact and making people miss. He picks things up really fast. He's only going to keep getting better. Injuries have put Tee Hodge and Beckwith behind. Right now they are bouncing back and forth between the scout team and the 1's and 2's.

Says Greg Emerson has had a good 3-4 weeks. Looks like he's back to his old self a bit. He's practicing well and is walking around with a smile on his face. It's good to see that.

Says it looks promising for Alontae Taylor, and Jamir Johnson to be able to play this week.

On dead period extension...

I think everyone understands why. It's unfortunate for the recruits. Especially the ones this year. Some of them may have never been to a college campus and they have to pick one. We have worked hard with the relationships and we have tried to take campus to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News