ADVERTISEMENT

"The numbers" for those who care.........

Karl82

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2008
Caution! If you don't like reading or thinking about "The Numbers", then don't!!!!! Press Back!

Beats me how CBJ is going to make things work, but I'll give you my educated best guess. First, let's set the stage:

85 Roster- my current count is 69. That leaves us capable of adding 16 more kids. There will be more attrition. I fully expect Peterman to transfer, Saulsberry to take a medical, and as many as 3 additional guys (look at the roster, it's not PC to discuss "grass killers") may seek greener pastures. Therefore, I'd cap the total number of potential newcomers at 30-31

25 Initial Counters- We don't have 25. At most, we have 23, as Swafford and Robertson were counted forward last year. Plus, I believe, if Ralph Abernathy shows up this summer, he'll also be an initial counter. Thus, we may have as few as 22-23 initial counters.

Blue/Gray Shirt candidates- Of our current commits, 5 (Stewart, Perry, Oliver, Lovingood, Bruce) have not had contact off campus with coaches or taken OV's. Do the math.

So, let's say we have 30 slots, but can only take 23 initial counters. That means 7 kids would have to blue/gray shirt. I've listed 5 blue shirt candidates above. Anyway you slice or dice it, 2 current commits have to "look around". Unless potential new commits are blue shirt eligible, the squeeze gets even worse.

"Damn! We're in a tight spot!!!"

Food for thought. Again, for those of us that like such "cyphering", care to share your thoughts??????

This post was edited on 1/19 5:29 PM by Karl82

This post was edited on 1/19 5:31 PM by Karl82

This post was edited on 1/19 7:45 PM by Karl82

This post was edited on 1/19 7:46 PM by Karl82

This post was edited on 1/19 7:46 PM by Karl82

This post was edited on 1/19 7:58 PM by Karl82

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News