ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2023 Meigs County (Tenn.) linebacker Luke Pendergrass recaps Knoxville visit

Tyler Mansfield

VolReport Publisher
Staff
Jan 26, 2021
2023 Meigs County (Tenn.) linebacker Luke Pendergrass was at Neyland Stadium last Saturday for Tennessee's game against UT Martin.

I caught up with the All-State defender to gather his thoughts on the visit and see how his high school season has gone so far.

On the atmosphere in Knoxville: "It was a a great atmosphere, and to have a fan base sold out for a noon game just goes to show how much support the fans have for the team."

– On his high school season: "My high school season has gone pretty well. I got named All-State at linebacker. We have a big game this week against Marion County for the No. 2 seed in the region. My freshman and sophomore years we went to state. This year has stood out to me though because being the senior leader you have to make sure everyone is doing the right thing to prep for Friday nights and to make the big plays when needed."

– On Tennessee's hot start to the season: "Tennessee’s hot start is like no other team has done before. A lot of people had doubts for Tennessee this year, but Coach Heupel – along with his staff and the team – have been out to prove to the world what they are capable of. I believe they have a shot at being named CFP champions at the end of the season."

Reactions: phinsvol
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News