ADVERTISEMENT

A Couple of things

Barrythevol

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2018
After watching the final game of the season earlier today a few of things come to mind.

1. Tony Vitello and this team of players does not owe this fan base an apology or any explanation for what we saw this weekend. They provided us with a season's worth of great baseball. We did not reach the goals we had set, but few teams ever do.

2. I expect posters to continue for a while to try and find coaches and players to blame for this series loss. It isn't right, but it is expected. I also expect other fan bases to be joyous that we are out. But that really does not matter since we would have been joyous when they were eliminated.

3. Finally, i know the end of the season will not end this discussion, but Drew Gilbert gave everything he has to try and help us win a NCAA title this year. The fact that it did not happen is not his fault, nor is it any other player or coach's fault. This team is brash, but that brashness or swag did not win or lose a game for us all season. The sooner some of you learn this, the better.

Looking forward to football season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News