ADVERTISEMENT

BRAJP: ?s re: Newsome

MinnesotaVol

Aug 7, 2001
Zach Azzanni was in Texas to see wide receiver Ryan Newsome. Newsome will turn around and host Jones and Bajakian, along with Azzanni on Sunday. While there were some who thought Newsome would make an unofficial visit to Tennessee this weekend that looks unlikely to happen.

But, don't read into that as Newsome isn't as into the Vols, it was more of a logistics matter with his family. Tennessee is very much in the thick of it with Texas and UCLA and in our conversations with those close to Newsome they tell us he's yet to make a final decision.

The above is from the War Room on Friday. I wasn't on Volquest much yesterday, but saw where some posted that Newsome tweeted that he is down to Texas and UCLA. Seems odd that as of Friday morning the Vols would still be pushing for him and even send in the head coach 2 days later and then 2 days later we are no longer in contention. Obviously it could have played out where he eliminated us or we eliminated him due to number. I fully realize it's the silly season and these things happen, but have a couple of questions that I would love your thoughts on:

1. Did Jones, Bajakian and Azzanni visit with Newsome yesterday?
2. If they did visit with him, do you think it was a situation where they told him they needed an answer that day and he couldn't give them a definite yes?
3. If we did in fact tell him we no longer had room, who would you speculate they now feel better about than they did just a couple of days ago? From reading the Sunday night recruiting story, it doesn't feel like Sapp, Kelly or Allen is any closer to committing to the Vols.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News