ADVERTISEMENT

Could this be a possibility for our OC job

KH Vols

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2014
There are a lot of articles in the Detroit area sports world that Jim Bob Cooter will probably not be back with the team next season. Some of the reporters are putting the chances of him returning at less than 10-20%. Their reasons is that he will be the fall guy for a lack luster year for the Lions. He is a hold over from the previous staff and some are blaming him for his offense not living up to expectations this year. This is his 3rd full year being the OC there. There is little doubt that Cooter will not be back with the Lions next season.

Fulmer is the one who helped get him into coaching by helping him land a spot with the Colts on Jim Caldwell’s staff. So I would think he and Fulmer has a pretty good relationship.

CJP seems to want his offense to work more like a NFL offense and not the more popular spread quick pace offenses in today’s college football.

Could this be perfect timing for both Cooter and CJP. I know Cooter likes the NFL and would like to stay in the league coaching, but would he jump at the chance of being the OC of his life long favorite college team that he also played for. Also with his old coach now as the AD here.

Could this be the hold up in naming a OC here. Maybe that is what Matthews referred to as being 95% done with the other 5% being CJP continuing to interview others just to make sure there isn’t a better choice available while waiting on the NFL season to end.

This is just a wild guess on my part. I think it would be a perfect fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News