ADVERTISEMENT

Football Florida coach Billy Napier previews game at Tennessee

Tyler Mansfield

VolReport Publisher
Staff
Jan 26, 2021
Florida coach Billy Napier met with the media on Monday to preview Saturday's game at Tennessee.

Here are some notes and tidbits from Naper's availability:

– Napier: "We turned the page here yesterday, probably halfway through the day, and started working on Tennessee. Tennessee's got a good football team. You can see where Coach Heupel and his staff have improved in their time there. ... A lot cleaner product in all three areas of their team."

– Napier called Tennessee a "veteran team" and mentioned Hendon Hooker and a number of defensive players. He also touched on the depth of the Vols' roster and said "they play a lot of players."

– Napier: "Got to go play at their place. Very familiar with Knoxville, and certainly the challenges that come with that. Good football team. It's going to be a challenge, and we look forward to embrace that."

– Napier said he feels that the veteran players Florida has will be comfortable with playing in a tough environment at Neyland Stadium. "I think we understand what comes with that," he said. He noted that the Gators did a number of things regarding crowd noise during camp to get ready for loud environments.

– Napier said that he thinks how Florida plays offensively could influence how Tennessee plays offensively. He noted that the Vols snap the ball nearly every 20 seconds, and that's part of their philosophy. "You've got to try and knock them out of their rhythm," he said.

– Napier on Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson playing on the road at Tennessee: "Just focusing on the things that he can control. I know that sounds cliché, but I think just the prep throughout the week and being a great communicator – verbal and nonverbal."

– Napier said that he has a lot family who are die-hard Tennessee fans. "Know all about the Vols, for sure," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News