ADVERTISEMENT

Follow-up on the question to medical professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.T.A.N.D.

Feb 2, 2017
Apparently, the thread from the other day must have devolved into a pissing match that got it deleted. I don't understand why folks can't be adults and discuss the actual virus without making it political. At any rate, the thread was essentially about how strange the virus is in how it seems to attack people differently. Some otherwise healthy people have severe symptoms whereas others have very mild symptoms. This is true even in younger people with no underlying health conditions.

As for me, I began developing mild symptoms last Friday. Mild cough, mild headache, and mild body aches. That has really been the extent of it for me. I was just able to be tested yesterday and the results were positive. This is my second bout with COVID and both times have been mild. Really the only thing different so far for me is that I haven't lost my taste and smell whereas the first time I lost both entirely without even having the slightest hint of congestion. Very bizarre. Also, I'm noticing that with both my bouts with COVID, I have trouble falling asleep at night. I feel tired like normal, but falling asleep is very difficult when normally I fall asleep in a matter of minutes. I ended up taking small doses of melatonin the last time to help go to sleep, and I may start doing that again this go round. Other than that, I've been good to go and feel good for the most part.

That's what's strange about it all because some people are getting absolutely hammered by this virus, so it makes me believe that there are certain genetic factors that contribute to its impact. Its seemingly targeted approach also makes me wonder more if it was engineered somehow. I'm not an expert in all that, so it doesn't do me much good to speculate too much, but it does make me wonder.

Anyway, I know this is sort of a Dear Facebook kinda post, but sharing experiences can be helpful to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News