ADVERTISEMENT

GRUMORS 10/16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChattaVol06

Aug 31, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Here are the facts I have heard. If anything is more than 3 degrees from the source, I won’t believe it. So everything comes from an agent in the game told to a 1st Degree to a 2nd Degree to me/us. Others on here are gathering most of the intel:

-Currie is obsessed with hiring Gruden. He is going to do things differently than Hammy or Hart, so don’t expect as much UTAD sourced info this go around.

-Fulmer was hired to “fundraise.” In this case, Fundraise means be the behind the scenes agent for the AD to lay groundwork for new coach if Butch tanked this year. Butch tanked. He and Peyton will help with legwork until it’s time for Currie to do his thing. Fulmer loves UT, and he will do whatever he needs to for UT, including burying beef with Currie.

-Gruden is THE candidate at this time. All eggs are being thrown into the Grusket.

-Gruden had planned to be here this weekend for a while. He told others it was to buy his son a property to finish out his UT career. He’s already a Junior, so buy a property for 18 months use? Maybe, maybe not.

-Friend’s Uncle is a real estate agent who is tight with the agent the Gruden’s use. They’ve been looking for a while for area home bc Cindy knows her parents are getting older, and she wants somewhere to go to be close to them. Yes they also own Jeff County land. There is some intel that properties they looked at are too expensive for a college JR to live in, and an offer may be in the works.

-Cindy loves spending time with Jon, but when he coaches, she doesn’t get to see him much. Their kids are older, she wants to be near home, and any job he takes will be cleared thru her. Some have said previously they don’t want the pressure of UT because of what we’ve seen it do to Butch, Dooley, Sunseri, Randy Sanders, even Phil. But some people close to her believe if she is down with her husband to coach again, it’s going to be where she can spend time with her family. Word is her family has been asked/coerced/instructed to not say a word to anyone that isn’t family or best friend status about prospects of a UT hire for Jon.

-Friend knows Cindy’s college roommate, and she said things this weekend that led people to believe that Cindy has some excitement about “spending more time in E TN in the near future.”

-Friend’s Mom knows Dee Haslam. Dee told friend’s mom in in the past that they showed their home to the Gruden’s in 2012 when Jon pondered taking the job and were willing to sell it to them.

-Jon was at Cherokee on Friday. He was touring the place per 2 others that were there. I saw the texts from one who was here recapping as he saw it go down. An older gentleman that club members didn’t recognize was essentially giving Jon a tour of the club. It didn’t appear to be a standard lunch outing. People respected him and didn’t hound him either.

-Jon has apparently put feelers out AGAIN about a potential staff. Reliable friend is 1st hand friends with former CFL coach who had coached with other coaches Gruden worked with. At least one told the former CFL coach that he was already contacted by Jon. Former CFL coach wouldn’t say who it was but gave hints that it was Argos HC Marc Trestman. Trestman was a QB Coach for Gruden in Oakland, and if you search the threads tonight, another posted linked an article from when Trestman was hired as HC for the Argos where Gruden raves and raves about Trestman. It backs the Grumor that Trestman would be a potential OC for Jon. He makes around $600k now as HC for Argos, so he could easily double his salary here.

-Jon told some on Friday he was not going to the game on Saturday even tho he originally planned to (Grumors scaring him away?). Well, we all saw what he did Saturday. He sat 30 rows up in Section T taking it all in without trying to disrespect Butch. He just as easily could have said, “F*** it” and skipped the game if he didn’t want to fan the flames.

-There is a plane associated with UT that left Tyson McGhee around 5:30 pm today for Nashville. It leaves Nash tonight around 11:30 pm CDT and arrives back in Knox between 1-1:30 am EDT. Could be a rich Titans fan, could be something more...

There is some more Ill have to read thru and remember bc there is so much smoke I’m choking on it. I’m prepared to be called stupid, a troll, an idiot, a loser, gullible, whatever else some may want to throw out. I know it was close last time tho, so much I lost a $500 bet on Volquest that I paid up. I’m not attempting to play myself as a fool again and be “that guy with the Grumors,” but looks like that’s what God has in store for me haha. Like I said, most of this intel comes from a Facebook message group we revived from 2012, and it includes some friends of the family, some TN based sports media, and other East Tennesseans. Take it for what it’s worth, but I just want to share what I have heard from trustworthy people who don’t live to troll. We ain’t got time for that!

I hope, and obviously really want, to see the Grumors turn to Gruth. Why would Gruden, who loves UT, play the fans TWICE without planting his roots here. He wants to coach and has admitted that. He’s called UT a “dream job for many, including myself.” The man is competitive as it gets, and what better time than now to bring his wife home, spend time around his son, make a lot of money, feed the hunger to coach, compete with Saban, and build something that can rival Saban’s Bama??! Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News