ADVERTISEMENT

Hey everybody!

Tyler Wombles

Sep 18, 2022
I am VolReport's new staff writer, covering Tennessee basketball, baseball and football, so I just wanted to jump on here and introduce myself. Extremely excited to join the team and continue covering the Vols, which I have been blessed to do the past several years.

I have lived in East Tennessee all of my life (grew up in Loudon, where I played football as a very below-average kicker) and graduated from UT's journalism school in 2020. At UT, I served as the sports editor, then managing editor, of The Daily Beacon, the school's student newspaper. Absolutely loved my time there and learned more than I could ever express (covering the football beat during Butch Jones' final season was a true crash course).

Previously, I covered UT, as well as some of the best high school sports around, for The Daily Times in Maryville. I've also worked as the sports editor at The Advocate & Democrat in Sweetwater; that was special, as it is the paper that first gave me my start in journalism.

Can't thank @Tyler Mansfield enough for this opportunity and am pumped to get started! I've been close friends with @Noah-Taylor for years now (we worked together at The Daily Times and The Daily Beacon before that) and am excited to work alongside him, Tyler and the rest of the staff to provide the best possible coverage of the Vols.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News