ADVERTISEMENT

Joe’s quick release

bleedorange23

Gold Member
May 10, 2016
Lake Oconee, Georgia
We have all heard about the legendary arm of Joe Milton and how the balls just explodes out of his hand.

I went back and watched a game and how Joe has what I think is a super quick release which is typically a good thing and sought after by quarterbacks.

So I noticed on one throw into the end zone that should have been a completion Joe located his target and fired a bullet from maybe the 30 yard line that went over the receiver’s head in the back of the end zone. In that case it appeared that he discovered his target a bit late and tried to make up for it with his arm strength.

In another situation Joe was off on an obvious TD to the TE over the middle who was wide open, but the pass fell wide and left of the receiver. In that situation it appeared that with the way our guys are trained to plant their feet in the pocket that his feet weren’t quite right which caused Joe to sort of pull the ball left, to use a golf analogy. I get that he is trained to set his feet sort of mechanically, but it seems that can be taken to literally and should adjust situationally.

But on a lot of throws Joe is just really quick with his arm and it seems being quick with your thoughts and a bit calmer with his throwing motion may help him…in addition to getting game reps.

Thoughts anyone?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News