ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at how good TN baseball is from Auburn board

dagley07

Mar 15, 2007
The rest of the league knows the story at this point, but I wish it didn’t feel a little strange hearing about dominance from a TN team:

“We stayed with them for 6.5 innings. That’s pretty good.”

“By losing 17-4 tonight, we are now a top 10 RPI team. Literally just by playing Tennessee the RPI jumps up every game. We may be a top 5 RPI team by the end of the weekend…”

“They’re juicing.”

“This is likely one of the best college baseball teams to ever play the game.”

“I’m not kidding about the ear hole on these cocky bastards. They deserve it… never seen such a cocky bunch of 18 year olds.”

From their reporter:
“Seeing this in person is the equivalent of playing Alabama and Georgia on the road in football. You can beat them, but you better have a really good night.”

“Don’t think a lot of people realize how good Tennessee is. This is probably one of the best college baseball teams ever. The goal is of course to win the series in theory, but honestly the lofty goal of the weekend is to take one. Even if we don’t, we’ve got 2 of our last 3 series at home and the road one is against one of the easier road tests in the league. Biggest thing I’m hoping to see this weekend is for us to remain healthy and not lose confidence. Hopefully we can find a way to get one and that’ll be some really good tasting icing. RPI going to jump WAY up. We good.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News