ADVERTISEMENT

My Absence From Volquest

GrundyVolBob

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2010
SE Tennessee
I apologize for the length.
Some people have been asking questions about my absence from Volquest. Here’s the real reason which I have kept to myself and confided in very few people.

As many Volquester’s know I suffer from constant debilitating pain due to a history that includes 7 back surgeries. For the past year I have been battling fluid buildup in my lower legs and feet. So bad that I couldn’t wear shoes as my feet were close to the size of a football. I feared heart issues due to my history with heart problems, but so far that has not been identified as a problem.
Most likely as a result of my long term use of pain meds, and diabetes, it appears I may have done major damage to my kidneys, and that is the reason for the fluid buildup. In addition to that my diabetes has left me dealing with a severe case of neuropathy. I basically have no feeling in my feet and legs from just below both knees. This has greatly reduced my mobility as I’m constantly falling. I’m having balance issues due to my legs which causes the falls. It feels like I’m walking using someone else’s legs. I have several sores that just won’t heal and I’m scared I could lose one or both my legs. Then to top it all off my back pain has gotten much worse when I didn’t think that was even possible. This has really reduced my ability to drive. A five mile trip has me almost in tears due to pain.
To say I’m battling depression due to all of this would be an understatement.

I’m sure some have noticed no trail cam photos have been posted this year. Well I haven’t been able or had the heart to fool with the cameras. The one thing I never thought possible was losing interest in the Vols. Depression has even taken that away. I find myself sitting and sleeping in my recliner around the clock. Occasionally I play my guitars, and watch a little TV.
So that is what is going on with me and the reason for my extended absence. I just want everyone to know I miss the fun and all the friends I have here. You people here have impacted my life more than you can ever imagine and I thank you for that. I have shared laughs and tears with many of you and you’ve been there when I needed you most. I hope to continue to post as much as possible, whenever possible. And as always I appreciate all prayers. In the meantime, Go Vols!!!

Bob

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News