ADVERTISEMENT

Really interested in the upcoming feature on the WR board

DylanVol

Aug 29, 2009
It is indeed a big one (see below) and has a ton of highly recruited players that we seem to be in prime position (i.e., top 3 at worst) for. This is good news, because at the same time the WR position is one of pretty big need when you look at the current roster, as of the eleven possible rotation WRs on the 2015 team (Pearson, North, Pig, Malone, Smith, Croom, Jennings, Johnson, Williams, Perry, Blanc) we lose at least 3 (Pearson, Pig and Johnson). So now you're at max 8 for 2016, and that's including Blanc who hasn't shown that he's a true SEC contributor. To be clear, I think this season's rotation can be special, and the Williams/Jennings/Perry 2015 class looks like it's going to be a very good one, but it is a must that the 2016 WR class is a very strong one if we're going to keep growing into an elite offense at every position.

Of the two current commitments, I am impressed by George but not Henderson. I'm not a scout, but George appears to have good enough speed with bigtime size and is an EE to boot. Henderson doesn't wow me simply based on size/speed and his offer list. Doesn't mean everything, but compared to the guys below he doesn't appear to stack up.

Almost all of the guys below have the Vols in their respective Top 5, if not higher. All have been on campus at least once, many have been multiple times. IMO we take 3 more WRs, if they are elite, regardless of whether we keep Henderson. List is roughly in order of MO where we stand with them. Don't think all would be takes now.

Kyle Davis (EE)
Donnie Corley
Mecole Hardman
Freddie Swain (EE)
Marquez Callaway
Binjimen Victor
Mykel Jones
Diondre Overton
Javon McKinley
Bryan Edwards
Tre Nixon
Brandon Johnson