ADVERTISEMENT

Saw post on double to center. Also bashing Tony.

pound the rock

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2003
Yes. Bad angle and initial reaction. He could have caught it if he breaks correctly at the start but would have been an amazing catch and possibly diving highlight.
Not sure he gets there, but seems he could have if perfect. Didn’t really matter, game was already lost at that point barring a crazy comeback.

love Tony and this team. Just baffled by leaving poor Burns in there after the ground rule double. But, I’m sure he thought he was making the right decision. Ultimately it’s his ass, not ours, and I’ll guarantee as much as it hurts us and we hate….it hurts him and the players more.

it’s fine to question the decision, I do, but it’s not fair to be a dick and be Monday armchair quarterback. If Burns goes distance and we are in Omaha, we say brilliant. If he brought in different pitcher in 7th to start and we lose, we call him a fool. If we lose, no matter how or why, he can’t win. Just be frustrated and not a dumbass fan that throws our coaches and players under the bus.

you better be perfect in life if you are one of the inconsiderate, insecure, spoiled and sometimes ignorant fans that all you can do is bash our coaches and players when they lay it all on the line. not you or I, we just get to watch and judge. Just think about it and if you truly love our University, just be disappointed and support our school and team.

just my opinions.

appreciate the ride boys, hate it for your team that you couldn’t see it through.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News