ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Night Recruiting Notes

VirginiaBeachVol

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Does anybody else find them really odd and the tack that the mods have taken confusing? The caveate of "but will there be room" is always present. I understand that the #s are a real issue and frankly don't know how Butch can manage the #s he is dealing with. I also Know nothing is ever certain and there is always a chance you can lose a recruit or 2 at the last minute and you have to havwe a fall back Obviously there are still some moving pieces.. But either a position is a priority that you feel like you have to fill if at all possible or it isn't. By all accounts and from all we have heard and seen RB is absolutely a top ptiority and that staff is going all out to fill it with one of the remaining 3 targets and it will be the first one to fall. Addiotionally we all know that OT is a huge need and we are still targeting 2 guys. So why would you ever infer with our top OT target and most likely get "if there is room"? Finally Sapp is the stangest situation of the bunch IMO. Can he not pull the trigger, is he being slow played, why didn't he commit earlier? But this late in the game I it is hard to see them bringing in a guy that they have such a long term relationship like Sapp in if there isn't room. It's an intriguing web. My guess is that the staff has a plan to make room for 2-3 more if they can get who they want. Most definitely one of the RBs an OT and Iwoulf think Sapp. But it also seems clear to me that the mods like all the rest of us are grasping at straws some and truely don't have a real good feel for how things will finally shake out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News