ADVERTISEMENT

The thing I love about baseball also makes me the craziest. 37 days ago Ole Miss was 7-14 in the SEC and had to win the final weekend series

BigUn

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
just to make the SEC tourney. Now they are in Omaha with a pitching rotation that wasn't even in place to start SEC play.

in 1989 Texas A&M was 58-7 and didn't make it out of the Regional. I know it was a different format, but still.

But just like most other tournament sports, it is all about getting hot and playing well at the right time. I think most people would agree we played ok/pretty good starting post season play in Birmingham, but you can't have the missteps we had, especially once you reach the Super Regional round and expect to win.

Also I think Notre Dame will be a tough out for most other teams. They are lights out on defense, have good pitching and good overall hitting, but most of all they have 7-8 graduate students/seniors in their lineup and on their staff. We know the times that Luc and Evan and Red came through for us, imagine having 5 more guys like them in the lineup.

Lastly I love Gilbert but I think his hyper competitiveness hurt the team sometimes. I loved him playing here though and wish him the best.

Looking forward to the future of the Basevols program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News