ADVERTISEMENT

This is all really very simple IMO (sorta long)

jcoope16

Gold Member
May 30, 2012
Butch is done. Butch knows it. Currie knows it. We all know it.

Currie's predicament is that due to the very real discontent between the likes of Hoke and Shoop (and maybe others) over who should be the interim, he believes this team's best chance of making a bowl game is with Butch Jones at the helm. And truthfully, if you're being objective, he's probably right. The players are still playing hard for Butch. That counts for something.

That's why I think he's doing everything he can to hold onto Butch through the end of the season until one of two things happens 1) we become bowl eligible and the regular season ends or 2) we become mathematically eliminated from post-season play. It's been his plan all along and he's working that plan.

Unfortunately for Currie, Florida made their move yesterday and now he has a very real problem on his hands with this fan base. We want our pound of flesh and we're going to get very "hangry" if we don't get it.

I personally think that if that has been Currie's plan all along, he should stick with his plan and not deviate just because of what another school has done and the reaction it has caused among his own fan base. I personally would've fired Butch after the UGA game but I'm not Currie and I'm not going to judge him on this process until all the chips have fallen. He earned the benefit of the doubt with me with how he handled the hiring of Vitello.

However, I do believe at this point Currie has to make a public statement. It can be general and it likely won't be what everyone wants to hear, but he has to say something. Something along the lines of, "I understand everyone's frustration and I can assure you no one in our athletic department is pleased with how this season has gone to this point. However, we still have things we can accomplish and one of those things is becoming bowl eligible so we need everyone's support. Everything within our football program has been under evaluation and will remain so until the season is over. At that time, if any changes of any kind are to be made, we will announce those changes then."

But understand one thing people... Currie isn't stupid. You don't get to where he has gotten himself by being stupid. His head is not buried in the sand. How could it be? Vol Nation takes every opportunity it can to let them know how we feel. He's very aware of the situation. He has a plan and he's doing his best to work that plan. I would actually lose respect for him if I found out for sure he let another school dictate his actions. Make the process on your terms, the way you see fit, and own it.

And Vol Nation... Quit being so pissed off because he hasn't shared that plan with you and/or because his plan isn't what you would've done. Let it play out and then evaluate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News