ADVERTISEMENT

Thread Below got me thinking where Team 120 is better or worse than Team 119

Pong876

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
My take:

QB - Better. Senior and 2nd full year as a starter coming off of a better than average year and at times he was fantastic
RB - Better. Possible that they will run for less yards if the passing game improves, but they will be a force to reckon with everyone being a year older and Kelly seemingly ready to be more than a mop up player.
WR - Better. I need to see it from Malone, but he's a year older and wiser and the elder statesman of the group. Time for him to really break out. Preston Williams seemingly an athletic freak who showed flashes during his time as a true freshman. A guy ready to bust out. Josh Smith in the slot where he belongs is faster that advertised, gets open, great hands, has really played better every year. Juan Jennings great athlete who showed flashes last year after being a converted QB. Never played the position but has had the whole offseason to learn it. Newcomers: Jeff George, Callway, Byrd, Johnson, and Latrell.
OL - Push. I'm going to say that I need to see it. Should be a year older in most spots the OL has to play with chemistry too. I believe that this OL will be a good one and possibly a very good one, but until we know who settles in at LT, I'm not ready to proclaim the better than a line that unleased the rushing yards that we racked up last year.
DE - Better. Maybe the most impressive unit on the team. Barnett and Vereen are returning starters who should be a year better. Healthy Kyle Phillips returns. Darrell Taylor redshirted and is apparently turning heads. LaTroy Lewis has drawn some nice reviews, and there's some guy named Kongbo playing a hybrid DE/DT/Destroyer.
DT - Slightly better with possibility of being significantly better. DOB & Vickers are solid dependable Tackles. Not game breakers but run stuffers, get where they are supposed to be. The kind of guys that you need on your team. Khalil played well for a freshman, but reports are that he's really dedicated himself to getting his body right to play. Picou should be able to play at least some quality snaps, and I'm going to count the combination of injured Tuttle and soon to be returning Alexis Johnson as 2 halves or 1full DT to play.
LBs - Better. JRM and Kirkland with a year together and a year of experience. There's not a combination of backers in the SEC that I'd rather have.
DBs - Great looking and multiple group. Multiple year starters in both Sutton at one corner, and Kelly at one safety. Other corner is likely going to Justin Martin or Emmanuel Mosely. Not yet star players but guys that could become star players and certainly good enough to make plays.
The other safety seems to be trending toward 5* freshman Nigel Warrior giving Rashaun Gaulden the chance to compete at Nickel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News