ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler and crew….

ut4u2c

Jun 29, 2006
Stevenson, Alabama
I have been in sales and marketing most my life. I have had business fail, and businesses that prospered. Selling the same product to the same people, and competition with an established competitor isn’t the way to do it. You got to be different. What product are you selling and what will make this platform of members want to buy it? If you believe in the product you are selling, people will wait in line to buy it. My advice is to sell yourself…period. That is the product you are selling. Forget Rivals, 24/7 or ESPN. That is just a name on a board and people don’t buy it because of of the name. They buy it because of the people.
I like Brent and the boys but the kick I had was they would hold back too much not wanting to be controversial or always making sure to say the right thing. Not calling a spade a spade. The market has changed gentleman. It has changed because of how America has changed. If you don’t believe me, just have a look at Donald J Trump. He ran his campaign on saying what was on his mind and not being afraid to say it. If it looks like crap, smells like crap, it’s crap. He said what many in the middle class was thinking. Don’t be afraid to tell us what you think. Don’t tell me what I want to hear. Stand for what you believe in and keep your principles. Be positive, believe in our Tennessee Vols and have their back. If members leave for you guys being transparent and engaging….let them go. As long as you are engaging, transparent, opinionated and some times a down right ass, so be it. That gentleman I will buy everyday. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News