ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech would pick up the phone and say yes without saying "Hello" to the SEC

NYCapple

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2012
tennessee.forums.rivals.com
There is no debate. That said, I dont know why the SEC has to recruit more schools.

The best companies out there dont just go buying up sh**ty companies, just to supposedly get bigger.
Let other schools get more crappy schools out there. Big deal.

The SEC has lighting in a bottle... and at some point, you risk dropping terds in the punchbowl.

The SEC has the best brand in college football. Full stop. It attracts the most dollars and fans, full stop.
Let everyone else solve their own riddle.

Digesting the always-a-mental-case Texas and Oklahoma programs will be enough.
I think that more and more fans of these large, diluted conference formats are basically risking just f'in up whatever they had to start with. USC to the Big 10???? Thats dumb as sh**. How about you get your sh** together and put together a real conference on the West Coast? So, what are you gonna do -- play half your games at 11pm Central/10pm Eastern??? Brilliant. Should go over really well with East coast fans!!! (Thats where half the money is stupid!!!) I grew up with folks who liked the Pac 10 when it was USC vs UCLA vs Cal vs Arizona vs AZ State vs Oregon vs Washington. Regional powers. Hell you have Nike in your back yards!!! What in the **** are you doing? Now you want West Coast fans, who enjoy high powered offenses, to watch Big 10 ground games??? Just, wow!!! Unreal. (Theres a reason why they call it a "West Coast OFFENSE!!!" Damn!)

In fact, count me as one that thinks both those schools will end up being a sh** show in this conference and cause problems.
In fact, I would think Texas might be a potential to leave the SEC within 10 years - because of its totally insane administration and its constant in-fighting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News