ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Tell me your coolest "synchronicity" story

PhilipKDick

Dec 20, 2020
I have a ton of these, but here is the most recent one:

We have a persimmon tree in our backyard that was dying because it had been struck by lightning. The tree is huge, about 70 feet tall with a triple set of trunks sprouting from the base. I hated to lose it, but big chunks of the tree had started falling off recently, and we were afraid of it toppling over.

So we called our tree guy to come give us an estimate for cutting it down. He called later to tell me he was on the way to check it out. As I was hanging up I happened to glance out the window and saw a car in front of our house. An older woman had gotten out of the car and was taking pics of our house and was walking all around in the front yard. I was a little puzzled, but figured she must be a realtor or something. But then I saw another woman and two children in the car, and they were getting out too, pointing excitedly.

We went outside to see what was up, and it turned out that the woman and her family had lived in our house for many years, but had moved out in 2001. They had been living in Atlanta ever since, so this was the first time they had seen the place in 21 years. So my wife invited them inside to look around. Meanwhile my tree guy shows up and I leave them to my wife to go out back and show him the persimmon tree. As the tree guy is leaving, my wife and the family come out the back door, and the older woman wanders around getting a look at the yard. Then she points and says to her family, "Oh! I planted that tree!"

Yep, she was pointing at the persimmon tree. So the woman who had planted that tree all those years ago just happened to turn up to see it at the exact same day AND time as the guy who was there to cut it down.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News