ADVERTISEMENT

What to expect this week; Overall site update

Tyler Mansfield

VolReport Publisher
Staff
Jan 26, 2021
It's a big game week for Tennessee as it hits the road to No. 17 Pitt for a Saturday afternoon matchup. With that said, I wanted to connect with you all today and share VolReport's coverage and content plan for the week.

I will start off by saying that I WILL BE making the trip to Pittsburgh. I was able to put some things together and am making it happen. I'm looking forward to providing you all with live, in-game coverage on the road. In addition to the Pitt game, VolReport will have a reporter at every single football game this season. That includes all press conferences, practices, and so forth.

In terms of this week's content, here's what we'll have: A transcript of what coach Josh Heupel says at Monday's press conference, a scouting report on Pitt, a get to know the foe Q&A with the Pitt Rivals site (I'm also joining their podcast and will share that on our site), a position-by-position game preview, a gameday guide with all of our game week content plus information on how to watch and our staff predictions, a game recap + takeaways, snap counts + game grades from PFF, and more. Our staff will also have some recruiting content coming out throughout the week, too.

In terms of the site, I am happy to share that I have hired two full-time, Knoxville-based reporters that will cover Tennessee football, basketball and baseball. One will be the primary football writer and secondary basketball/baseball, and the other will be the primary basketball/baseball writer and secondary football. Both reporters are Tennessee graduates who wrote for the The Daily Beacon and have most recently been covering the Vols and high school sports for other outlets. Our football reporter starts the week of September 12, while our basketball/baseball reporter starts the week of September 19. I can't wait for them to get started here. Once they both get going, we'll be launching podcasts/shows and providing you all with content from every which direction.

One more thing: For those of you who have welcomed me with open arms, thank you so much. It truly means a lot to me. I really appreciate your trust and understanding during this transition. For those of you who think I'm the worst thing ever, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I apologize for not being a Tennessee graduate, a Knoxville native and a Vols know-it-all. I'm brand new to the beat, and I'm learning each day. If you don't want to be here, that's OK. Once our full team is in the door in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a well-oiled machine. I've worked hard to do as much as we have in just one week, and we're only going to keep climbing.

Thank you, and have a great week.

– Tyler

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News