ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday Was A Great Day!

jasonvols22

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
Madison, Florida
Sorry it’s long

Why was it a great day? This was my 16 year old sons post on social media…

“Well I had a great time with The Best Fanbase in the Country at Neyland Stadium! Knoxvegas was great. I was able to meet the new Athletic Director Danny White, and my favorite basketball player “The Incredible Fulk” (John Fulkerson)!🍊🍊”

Is this not what it’s all about making memories with your kids? My son talked the whole 7 hours home about meeting Fulky, meeting @Brent_Hubbs again, meeting Jayson Swain again, meeting @Eyes4Vols and his lovely wife, meeting @TNmavol and Pa, meeting AD Danny White, and many others on the board at different times. He got pictures with the great one himself Brent, Fulky, AD White, and just had a blast.

Yesterday I wasn’t mad when we lost, but very disappointed! I felt we killed ourselves with the most non discipline team I’ve ever seen in Knoxville. I did get mad when I saw us not under center with a RB who has to be 180lbs with soaked clothes on 4th and inches. Why not bring in Beckwith? Whitehead someone who is larger and carried the rock before? I do not understand that at all. I don’t understand why it took so long to yank Milton, or not challenge some calls? Yes, there were some major blunders by CJH and the kids, but you know what? I didn’t see that team quit they were fun fighting and reminded me of a team we watched in basketball not to long ago.
My son saw a “fanbase” while not packed but BLUE-HAIRS, College Kids, and everybody screaming and it got loud a few times unite to help those kids on the field. My son said dad I’m so thankful we had the chance to come for the first time in four years to watch Tennessee I’ve missed our home here.

I’m sorry we lost, I hate it! However, I got to experience my son see the truth about this fanbase and while it’s wild, while it’s out of control in some areas (to much), while we aren’t winning… he sees the passion and the love I have for this fanbase, and Tennessee! I realize I’m not liked by all on here (sorry) but I do what I’m told by those who own this site…but, I love this fanbase, it’s passion, and my Vols!

Final thought no way would I start Milton over Hooker again only my opinion but we had WR open, and beating their DB’s in the first quarter like crazy. We should’ve honestly been up by 21. Why is it now the second quarter that everything comes unraveled for this team? I mean last year we couldn’t score in the first and lose it in fourth because lack of playmakers or depth. But, the second quarter after looking like a team in the first? I don’t understand. I thought play calling was pretty good except for the 4th and GOAL😡😡😡.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow, but I found my passion again for my team, and I thank my son for showing that to me yesterday…I was totally losing it, I promise Dr. Smothers aka @Eyes4Vols could tell you I was getting sour on this team. I’m tired of losing and tire of my boys not seeing what I was able to see growing up. It pains me when my 7 year old Josiah says daddy why are we such losers (Tennessee) But, thanks to my 16 year old Peyton for reminding me it’s not all about winning, but making memories. 6-6 is very reachable, and 7-5 isn’t out of the question. If we are going to get to that our qb, and OL has to get right maybe it starts this week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News