ADVERTISEMENT

RIP The Killer

I was fortunate to live in the area where I live growing up and had an opportunity to meet a lot of famous people.

my best friend’s father was a security guard for Johnny Cash saw I had an opportunity to spend a lot of time at the cash home and got to know Johnny June 2 daughters and John Junior.

One day my buddy and I were fishing off the dock while Johnny was out of town and this Cadillac pulled up to the wood fence railing and he said hey boys come on up here I need to ask you something. The guy was drunker than Cooter Brown and Joseph reeked of whiskey. he wanted to know if Johnny was at home and if he could talk to him. my buddy said you’ll have to talk to my dad he’s a security guard.

The drunk guy drove up to the guard house and was talking with my friend’s father who is also the chief of police in Gallatin. after about 34 minutes of talking my buddies dad said hey boys come on up here.

We charged up the hill and over to the guard house in my buddies dad said boys I want y’all to meet Jerry Lee Lewis.

I had heard of Jerry Lee Lewis but knew nothing about him other than he was a singer. afterwards I made it my business to learn about him and listen to his music.

There was one King and one Killer in Memphis. May the Killer Rest In Peace.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT