ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Vols ranked just outside of top-10 in preseason AP poll

Tennessee men's basketball is ranked No. 11 in the preseason AP Top 25 poll. The Vols are behind Arkansas, who came in at No. 10.

A look at the full poll:

1. North Carolina
2. Gonzaga
3. Houston
4. Kentucky
T5. Baylor
T5. Kansas
7. Duke
8. UCLA
9. Creighton
10. Arkansas
11. Tennessee
12. Texas
13. Indiana
14. TCU
15. Auburn
16. Villanova
17. Arizona
18. Virginia
19. San Diego State
20. Alabama
21. Oregon
22. Michigan
23. Illinois
24. Dayton
25. Texas Tech

Vols in playoff projection

Brett McMurphy projecting Tennessee-Georgia rematch in Peach Bowl, which is a playoff semifinal game this year.

The site says Fiesta Bowl, but his tweet said Peach. I’m guessing it was a mistake.
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon

A must watch… this guy is hilarious.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a large number of posters who fail to appreciate 8.9 yards per attempt?

That is a very, very good number.

Yards per play is a great stat to look at.
For some people, 4 ypc and 8 ypa are sorta what should be considered "par" more or less. 8.9 yards per pass attempt is quite good.

Looks like Hendon didn't have enough attempts to qualify for the national leaders, but the 9.6 he averaged in 2019 would have put him at 7th in the nation (or tied for 6th).

His 8.9 in 2020 would have had him at about 18th:

EDIT on 10/3/2021:
Not sure why but ESPN's site is currently busted with the links to prior year yards per attempt rankings.

Recording of the game...

Is there a recording of the CBS broadcast? Obviously, I didn't record it and would enjoy being able to re-watch and listen to the commentary. We had a group that watched at Wings, ETC on Lovell Road (great venue, BTW) and it was too loud to hear much of what was being said.

I'm sure there will likely be a re-broadcast on one of the cable channels, but I'm looking for the CBS 'version'. TIA!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT