ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of thoughts here as I get ready to leave Neyland Stadium...

Brent_Hubbs

May 29, 2001
Chaney was terrific tonight and has been good all year, but it paid off today with his players executing at a high level starting with J.T. Shrout and Guarantano. Give JG credit for not packing it up this week and riding off. Many fans would have helped him do it.

But Tennessee doesn't with without him. Says alot about who JG is. He's got flaws as a quarterback, but the guy ain't no quitter.

And yes, I never thought JT Shrout would play as well as he did and frankly neither did many in the program before this week. But Shrout responded to the challenges from Chaney and the two put in stupid hours this week to get ready.

Jauan Jennings is as fun to watch as anyone who has played at Tennessee in a long time. His passion is off the charts. If he were on the big time teams of years ago he would be an even bigger legend. Chaney is dialing it up for him and he is delivering. Great story in second chances. Fulmer and Pruitt didn't have to give him another chance, but he's returning the favor in a big time way.

Daniel Bituli had a night he will never forget. Bituli is healthy and it shows. He's playing more physical than he ever has.

I said a few weeks ago that this team is getting better. It's happening faster than I thought (Afterall, I picked the Vols to lose). They are doing so despite some key injuries. Good teams find a way. And this team is going to make November a fun one to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News