ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Facebook: Just moved my former Marine daughter into an apartment in Murfreesboro.

ZedClampet

Dec 19, 2015
She was medically discharged from the Marines after a bad accident during combat training. I'd never seen her so upset in my life. She was inconsolable. But now she's going to college. With about a month's notice, she got into MTSU (she'd talked about it before because she likes the Nashville area and didn't want to stay in Knoxville), but we couldn't get an apartment right away, so we've been putting her up in a hotel for a month and a half. Finally got into an apartment today. I'd never been to Murfreesboro before. It's a nice place.

She was told she could join any other branch of the military, so she's considering joining the Air Force after college, but she's not sure about it. She had her whole self-image wrapped up in being a Marine, so it's been tough on her. But she's adjusted well to college and seems to be perking up and enjoying it.

Anywho, I'd posted about her before and just wanted to give an update for anyone interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News