ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else hear Barnes on 104.5 this evening?

KenDonahue

Gold Member
Nov 30, 2016
He was great as usual a couple interesting points he made
And I am paraphrasing here but

Dickey Simpkins who Barnes coached at Providence was Admiral’s AAU coach called Barnes before the Texas stuff went down and told him you should think about taking the Tennessee job. Barnes was unsure at the time and Simpkins told him if he had stayed at Texas Admiral was going to ask for his release from Tennessee due to the coaching change and go to Texas. When Barnes took the Tennessee job a couple days later he said the first person he called was Admiral

On the last play during the time out he said I ask Admiral where do you want the basketball on the floor

Thought the defense after Admiral hit the three was great the team got back and played the next possession and Gonzaga took it right at them and the defense was ready

This was the most interesting though he said Grant came in today and ask him if he did the right thing on making that last foul. Barnes responded absolutely.
He said that he felt like if Gonzaga dunks it there it would’ve been so much of a momentum swing. Said his team is taught not to give up anything. To contest everything and Grant being unselfish did that. Admiral told a Grant today that it was his meaning Admiral’s own fault because he was guarding the guy who threw the ball down there. Just thought that was interesting take from Barnes

Couple things I took from that point he made that stood out to me is that this team is truly unselfish. No one player is more important than the team! That is the culture they have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News