ADVERTISEMENT

Dropped in to say God is Good!!!

ChattaVol06

Aug 31, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
52 weeks ago today on 9/27/19, after an 11 year long battle with opiates, my actions and decisions finally got the best of me. I overdosed while driving, crashed my truck, and was on my way out of this world that Friday afternoon. The good Lord sent a Chattanooga Police Officer and paramedics to the scene in the nick of time to save my life with two doses of narcan.

This Sunday will mark one whole year clean, sober, and following Jesus like my soul depends on it (because I finally realized it does).

A few days after my accident last year, I went into the Renew program that my church, Calvary Chapel Chattanooga, runs on Cagle Mtn past Dunlap. I was there for 6 months until the end of March when I came home.

God has restored so much during the past year. My marriage is stronger than ever (my wife is amazing), my family is together and doing well, and we are closing on a new home October 8th after having to move in with my in laws for the past year while I was in Renew and we got back on our feet financially the past 6 months since I got home. God showed me his faithfulness, love and grace so powerfully the past year.

Just wanted to share what the Lord has done for me. I don’t deserve it at all, but I guess that’s why it’s called grace.

Glad to be back with my Volquest family in time to watch the Vols shock the world this season and win the SEC East! V,B!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News