ADVERTISEMENT

Feel like I might be the only fan that hasn't fully written off Uros being a contributor.

volfan84

Aug 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Yes, he's not a good defender or rebounder and is almost shockingly bad as a rim protector for a 7-footer w/ his outstretched arm seemingly aiding shooters in aligning their shots over him.

The offense, however, does run nicely with him on the floor.
He passes well, he's eager to pass, he's eager to set screens, and the ball never sticks for too long when passed to him.

He still only has maybe 25-ish collegiate games with anything more than negligible minutes. He maybe has 10-12 games w/ non-negligible minutes against relatively good competition.

I retain some hope that the light will come on for him a bit more over the next 4-5 games, such that his being a liability on defense does not trump the positives he brings on offense (primarily flow, screens, and nice passes from an elevated view of the court that not many have). If the light doesn't come on a bit more in the next 4 or 5 games, I do think he will likely get lost at the end of the bench behind Fulky, ORN, BHH, and Jonas Aidoo. These next few weeks are huge for Uros's spot in the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News