ADVERTISEMENT

Few practice observations as we work here at UT

John_Brice

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2008
Certainly I thought the Vols looked fairly crisp from a tempo and transition standpoint on the field, which I discussed with Butch and a couple of players after practice.

All agreed they were basically "seamless," with Coach even telling me they definitely opened this spring camp ahead of the pace of last spring's first session.

Alvin Kamara as we wrote in Quick Hits looks fluid, fast, athletic. Butch reiterated when I asked him that still wants to see him in pads but yes, very exciting. Very athletic and fast.

Charles Mosley could be switched to OL but is going to get a handful of practices to show he can work on the DL. He looked a bit heavy (from where coaches had asked him to be weight-wise) and still clearly isn't 100 percent, which Jones also indicated.

As I noted in Hits and as Butch reiterated in his presser, Dobbs got some individual instruction from the head man. Jones was very pleased with Dobbs and liked much about the QB's opening day and continued praising Dobbs' offseason, but he noted Dobbs locked his front leg some on some passes. Jones did say Dobbs already is more mechanically sound than in the fall.

It's early, but Malik Foreman is a name we keep hearing --- even before today's first practice --- who's working to not be a forgotten man in the secondary. He's added strength and weight and also impressed coaches with his competitiveness.

Two-minute drill, a full notebook, Austin's feature on Dillon Bates and more coming in the next few hours as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News