ADVERTISEMENT

Follow ? up for Ben from yesterday's game

MinnesotaVol

Aug 7, 2001
Haven't had a chance to listen to the full presser yet. Did anyone ask CTV about his reasoning for pulling Sewell when he did? From what I remember, he hadn't had a ball hit hard against him up to that point. I think the announcers on TV mentioned that the next hitter up was a switch hitter, so you know the kid would bat RH once we brought Kirby in. Was the batter splits so much that he was a much better hitter from the left side and CTV wanted to flip him to the right side? What were your thoughts on that change.

And not a ?, but just a comment. The only thing I didn't understand from CTV after the game yesterday was when he was discussing about taking Burns out and he mentioned that Burns wanted the ball. My 1st thought, of course he wanted the ball. Every pitcher wants to stay in the game at that moment. It's any coach's job to take the ball out of his hand when he feels it's the right time. Also seemed like that went against the grain from how CTV had been managing the staff this year; felt like many times in the past, he wasn't afraid to have a quick hook.

Thanks,
@Ben_McKee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News