ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin's future

voloholic

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2001
Columbia, SC
Frank Martin has been skating on the thinnest ice for some time now. He lived off that lucky Final 4 run a few years back and COVID bought him some time later. To get his contact renewed he accepted a lower buyout and that reduces to, I think, $2 million on April 1.

He is popular just about everywhere as a person but he cannot deliver as a coach. In fact, he really is not all that bad historically at U of SC. But the fan base wants a change and are probably going to get it after the season ends.

I have no inside information but he is fine financially and I am not sure his health is such to continue in coaching . And I seriously doubt any programs would want him, at least a major school and probably not a mid-major either.

I think he likes it in Columbia from what I hear, so I think there is good chance that he works out something at U of SC to stay on in some kind of development area or PR.

We will see how it plays out but I can't see him staying on short of a miracle finish, which almost for sure will not happen--not enough horses to make a late run.

Reactions: stonewall_jackson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News