ADVERTISEMENT

Happy, Pleased but....... Confused?

GeezeLouise

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2015
Great Win! So happy for the team and fans.
The last game I attended in person was OU/TN in Knoxville...... that was the Loudest and most sustained Noise I've ever heard in my life. The noise started immediately and never left the entire game.......the noise literally went through my body.....it's hard to even describe.............but I could feel it inside......like my organs were vibrating.

The fans and team gave it all during that game, and that's why watching Botch Jones BLOW that game with his retarded Go Fast- snap the ball with 20+sec left on the play clock when your defense is absolutely gassed infuriated me.......the man single handedly lost that game. And I knew we had no chance to go anywhere with him.

Anyway- these are crazy random thoughts rolling through my brain........

Great Win
So glad to have an actual coach and program again! The future is bright

DL -Outstanding
I expected them to dominate but they exceeded my expectations. Fantastic game by the whole unit

LB- Great game- they're starting to gel as a unit. Solid performance.

2ndary- First "real test" (using quotes only bc OU's pass game didn't press them much)- but as a whole the 2ndary was fast, disciplined and stride for stride for the most part.........their performance settled my nerves a bit.....and they'll keep gelling as a unit

my confusion was the play calling......I think back to that OU Botch Jones game.......where the robot had no feel for the game and just did what the coaching for dummies book told him to do.............Go Fast....screw your exhausted and cramping defense.

Heupel was conservative tonight but ultimately with the Defense totally dominating- he called a winning game plan.

I do have to remind myself that for all practical purposes this was only Nico's 2nd actual start (could even argue Iowa doesn't count.......making this like his first true start)........ he looks so smooth I forget how young he is..........I saw Peyton play twice in person as a true freshman.........and though it's not apples to apples......Nico looks way more In Command than Peyton did..... sky's the limit for him and I hope we get 2 more years to see his growth.

Anyway- play calling confused me. Wanted to see more deep shots, posts, curls. timing throws....but they never really came. And I don't know why? But we won and I'll take it.

So happy to be back to Winning big games!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.