ADVERTISEMENT

I Rarely Disagree with Brent But

VirginiaBeachVol

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
And I get his point in The Lesson Is A Simple One piece he says our margin of error is minuscule. I have to disagree strongly with that. We played without our best RB, we lost 1 of our best receverson our second possession, we played without our best rush DE, and our starting center, we got a bad spot by a yard that cost us a first and goal at the 2 yard line, we set a record for penalties, and we lost the TO battle. Yet we only lost by a TD. Perhaps I should take the players out of my counter argument because we knew they were out and with out a doubt that significantly narrowed our margin of error. But we still lost the TO margin, had an inordinate inexcusable # of penalties, lost our starting QB, I know that turned out to be a plus, lost a starting WR, had the killer erroneous spot, and I will add apparently had a completely bogus call on their missed FG that put us starting a drive on our own 2 yard line versus our 38 yard line. But if our margin of error it indeed “minuscule” I’ll use Brent’s own argument to make my point. Using my second list of problematic things that happened to us in the ball game wouldn’t you have said we would have been blown out if all those things happened?

I’m parsing words to a degree and we don’t really have a whole lot of room for error certainly if those things are going to happen. But it should give us hope and opportunity to have a reasonable margin of error if we can get our players back and eliminate just a couple of inexcusable mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News