ADVERTISEMENT

Infectuous Disease Doctor on SEC Panel Quote

BirdiemanTx

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2012
Plano, TX
I really don't like to do this but this quote is too informative not to share. The Athletic ran an interview with an Infectuous Disease Dr that is on the SEC panel.

Just to be blunt, the thing you will hear, that everyone will hear, is that if the Big Ten and Pac-12 have seen enough to shut down, and others have as well, then why aren’t you guys, why aren’t the other conferences? What is the simplest answer in your mind, as a public health expert, to that?

I would say we have seen enough to develop a safe plan. They have not. Our plan was earlier. Our plan was based on an experience that they had not had yet. And we implemented that plan faster than they did for that reason, so we could prepare for this. So we feel confident in our plan. I think our teams can absolutely get through this. I think our athletic departments can absolutely get through this. I worry about our community and outside forces that we can’t control. But I think that’s the difference between us and the conferences (that shut down), is we were prepared earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News