ADVERTISEMENT

It was nice knowing you guys

dshawn13

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2009
Everyone here has been very entertaining over the years and the MODs are the best in the business. But the wife left me alone with the kids today as she went Christmas shopping (I know the rules) . As she walked out the door, she asked me “can you handle it”. I responded with “of course”. It started off harmless, we played basketball and threw the football but it all went downhill when my kids went into their rooms to play Xbox. I decided to have a few Buffalo Trace and cokes.
I started to remind myself what a great husband, father and Vol fan I am. And how I should to be commended for that. I deserve the finer things in life because I work hard and provide for my family.
so I ordered a Big Joe and a Solo Stove to reward myself. I need to stay warm as I grill. The joy of knowing I would have two new toys quickly turn to regret. As I sober, I understand there could be consequences for my decisions. I usually lie about the price of the guns I order or hide them in the safe before she comes home. But this is one decision I can’t hide from.
I just asked for your prayers this Thursday when my wife answers the door to a 18 wheeler unloading a pallet full of boxes. It’s been nice knowing you, thank you for the last 12 years. I just ask that you learn from my mistakes

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News