ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Williams Story

wmcneeley11

Aug 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
My brother in law gave me tickets to the Peach Bowl for free and my wife and I went to the game with them.

When we were walking the main concourse at Mercedes Benz, I hear someone say Go Vols! I look up and see a young man smiling at me. I looked at him, pointed, and said you look really familiar.

He said my name is Justin Williams, I just signed.

I got so excited and he took a pic with me.

During half-time I ran into him again and we talked a little. I said - not sure if you saw my wife’s shirt but she is an Auburn grad. He laughed and said yeah I noticed. I asked if I could get his autograph and he was really excited for that. Sadly we couldn’t find a sharpie and he genuinely looked upset that he couldn’t give me his autograph (which told me a lot about his high character). I told him it’s totally ok. Just happy to meet him.

While we were looking for the sharpie, he told me how much he loved Coach Heupel and Coach Mack. And said they are just different (in a good way) when it comes to building relationships. And that they are some of the smartest coaches he has ever dealt with. And that they want to use him like Alvin Kamara!

Then told him I was a VQ member and he busted out laughing. Said he loves AP and he was hounding him asking if he was going to the Barn.

Just thought I’d share that this morning as some good news after yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News