ADVERTISEMENT

My biggest thought on the Louisville pitcher is how trashy some of us have gotten

swallvol

Jan 13, 2010
I curse quite a bit. This isn’t about cursing ... it’s about sportsmanship and decent behavior in a public venue. I was reading through some commentary about the game on the ESPN twitter feed and was shocked at how many people chalked up his trashy behavior to “adrenaline,” “competition” etc. Plus the eye-rollingly cliche “you probably haven’t played high level sports if that bothered you.”

Which begs the question, if that were your high school kid, what would you do. My dad probably would have politely told the coach I wouldn’t be able to play the next game so that I would have time to ponder the correct way to act.

It feels like aggressive vulgarity and general rudeness is just the norm now and if you don’t think that’s a good thing you are somehow soft or a snowflake.

And if my parents didn’t so anything, my Grandma Bonds (RIP) would have set a land speed record coming out of the stands to get me by the ear and pull me off the field :)

Discuss, mother****ers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News