ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year Staff Speculation

Voice of Neyland

Aug 11, 2006
From following comments from the mods and other things around the board, it seems like the following are most likely to return:

Offense
  • Chaney
  • Graham
  • Osovet
  • Friend

Defense
  • Felton
  • Neds
  • Ansley

Open positions:
  • QB (Starting to sound like Weinke is out)
  • WR (Martin talked about for several HC jobs)
  • DL

I’m curious if Pruitt will finally add more weight to the staff on Defense. In my opinion, give Chaney the QB coaching (he wants it), and add a DB coach on Defense. If they were to do that, the following would be open:

DL
  • Bo Davis is talked about a lot for DL
  • Would Tosh be an option? For recruiting impact, he'd have to be high on the list if he wants to come back to college
  • Any others out there that Pruitt knows/has worked with? Doubt he makes an unknown hire again.

WR
  • Wonder if a guy like Gattis (Michigan) could be on the move depending on how that shakes out.
  • Joe Cox has worked with Friend and might be looking for work coming out of UCSjr
  • Lawrence Dawsey has worked with Pruitt and is an analyst at A&M right now.
  • What other candidates that Pruitt or others on staff know?

DB
  • Will Travaris Robinson be retained by South Carolina? Would be a huge pickup as a DB coach. No connection to the current staff that I am aware of.
  • No real obvious candidates in Pruitt's past to pick from since he has been the DB coach in a lot of places and then had Ansley with him for 2 years at Bama.
  • Thoughts?

BONUS Question
Brent says he thinks Pruitt brings Artis back. What if a guy like Scott Cochran misses being the S&C director and is looking for a spot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News