ADVERTISEMENT

Not A Religious Post: But, My Heart Is Breaking This Morning

jasonvols22

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
Madison, Florida
Last night got word that one of our teenagers that just graduated from our church drowned in a local springs here outside of Madison. Matter of fact 7 other of our teens were there and saw it... I loved this kid you all, loved this kid! His smile, so well mannered, and when my oldest moved up to the youth group from Children’s Church he was there and took him under his wing. Last night was the hardest thing as a mentor to this kid, & my sons buddy I believe I’ve had to handle as a parent.

This young man had offers to pitch @ Ga. Southern, & many many other lower colleges on scholarship but decided he would rather work instead. He worked 40-50 hours a week at a local hot dog processing company here in Madison and while he was doing things I don’t approve of or the Bible I still loved him and he knew it. I remember my son who was maybe??? 5’3 1/2 at the time playing him in basketball and Peyton acted like he crossed him up and shot the ball over him like he was Step Curry. The only problem with that? The kid was 6’5 1/2! I looked at him and said “son what in the world are you doing you could’ve packed that junk”, & he said “ah...Pastor Jason he got me” and just smiled!

Folks Pastor or not this day hurts oh my God I’m hurting this day hurts! Our youth group tonight will be all tore up, all tore up! This will be a night that will be the hardest night that we’ve had because they had to save one of our girls but couldn’t save him.

Honestly the only thing I could do is just hold and hug my son last night because soon to be 14 year old was and is going through one of the toughest things he will face as a youth.

Then to make matters worst we also lost another girl from our softball team on I-10 in a wreck who just graduated too...two major loses in one day by a young lady who like Trey smile could brighten up an arena! Treys smile was the most contagious part about him...love to my boy I tried to mentor! My God I can’t take this guys.

Prayers for Madison County Please...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News