ADVERTISEMENT

On Evans...perhaps this will help

Mallou

Dec 23, 2006
From another site...a reliable poster who is close to the situation on Evans posted this.

This has nothing to do with football for him. It’s all about be closer to his kid. Tiyon has really struggled mentally being away from home. At the end of the day football is not his priority at this time. I would not be surprised if we never see him play for anyone moving forward. First he going to have a hard time leaving here in good academic standing. Secondly, he needs to take care of himself. He has no ill will towards Heupel or Tennessee. This is a personal matter. Let him be.

No surprises. Coaches have tried to help him. Much of which hasn’t been taken advantage of by him. This is one of those situations where a kid is struggling and people are trying to help him but he can’t get out of his own way. Basically he’s listening to the wrong people. I believe there to be some real issues there but at the same time you have to want to accept help. People around him know he has missed an opportunity here to better his life long term. I think in his head he has always been bailed out due to his talent and he believes he can just move on closer to home and things will get better or he will make money in the nfl and things will get better but in reality he needs to address some issues in his life that will better himself so he can be successful and make some money. At the end of the day he doesn’t like school and hasn’t taken care of business with anything outside of football. He hasn’t taken well to discipline for not going to class. He hasn’t been healthy and he misses his kid. He really believed he would be one and done to the NFL. He’s not in a good place mentally. A lot of which is brought on by himself but none the less he is struggling. He feels like he needs a fresh start but like I said earlier I’ll be surprised if he leaves in good academic standing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News