ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hank Haney is a moron.

JbrewVols916

Aug 2, 2018
Maine
http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26847769/haney-apologizes-offensive-lpga-comments

Renowned golf instructor Hank Haney apologized for insensitive comments he made about LPGA players during his SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday morning.

When Haney's co-host, Steve Johnson, asked him about the 74th U.S. Women's Open being played at the Country Club of Charleston this week, Haney joked that he was going to predict that a Korean would win and added that he couldn't name six players on the LPGA Tour, except for those with the last name Lee.

"I'm gonna predict a Korean," Haney said.

"That's a pretty safe bet," Johnson replied

"That's gonna be my prediction. I couldn't name you, like, six players on the LPGA Tour," Haney continued.

"Yeah," Johnson said.

"Nah, maybe I could," Haney said. "Well, I'd go with Lee. If I didn't have to name a first name, I'd get a bunch of them right. I don't know. ... Lexi Thompson. ... Michelle Wie's hurt. I don't know that many."

Haney's comments were quickly criticized on social media, including a pair of tweets from Wie, who isn't playing this week because of a wrist injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News